Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Streeeeetch


So after I found my keys, I went out and purchased a yoga mat. Freshly out of the plastic (I took it off while I was walking from canadian tire to the yoga studio), I found this studio down town in Vancouver. I'll say, my first impression of the place was that it was a little unfriendly, and very over indulgent. The lady at the counter didn't say much to me, and the tour she gave me was like "ok, here is the sauna, the filtered water, the tea room, the ....blah blah blah expensive utilities blah blah blah." So I was feeling incredibly intimidated to begin with. But, I managed a quick chat with a woman who's been coming to the studio for a while and she assured me that the Yogi was really friendly and very supportive of newcomers. *phew*

I sweat lots (and waaay more than others, I think), and I stretched sooo hard. It was great. And I was tuckered out for the rest of the afternoon, but I think I'm going to go back tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. As much as I whined and moaned about yoga last year, I actually quite enjoyed it. I think I'm going to start going again when I can get free classes in the fall at school.

    My Aunt is always saying that's the greatest thing about Vancouver; drop in yoga pretty much every hour!

    ReplyDelete