Monday, October 3, 2011

August - the Wedding Bits

So, here we are in August! The first two weeks were wedding filled! we wrote cheques and paid visits and put a lot of miles on our rental car. I was so stupendously happy to have so many family members in attendance - I can't even describe it. Even though they'd all returned their rsvp's, I was still shocked at how many of my East Coast family members came. My dad's family has so many members that I'm sure they've been to plenty of weddings, and none of them were way out west! Truly, I felt thankful to have so much love and family around.

me and dad waiting at the back of the church - I was early!

a pretty little ceremony at St. Paul's Cathedral

Our First Kiss!

The birdseed was tossed rougher than expected.

kissin' in the street!

aren't we a lovely bidal party?

Lovelier. I even love that Daver's a Jambon.

Kissin' on a hilltop!

just chillin out. whatev's

Hog!

cuttting the cake with the McB sword...

...it's tradition!
more kissing!

Eeeef, I love pie.



Harper Mountain decor. Mostly handmade.

the photo-booth was a hit!
The wedding went exactly as I'd planned. Exactly. I dunno. I don't think I've ever planned something that turned out to be so satisfying. When I reflect, all I can remember is that it was just exactly right. The music I'd only dreamt I couldhave played at the ceremony turned out to be exacty the right timing, the church wasn't nearly as hot as I'd thought it would be, my hairdresser pulled magic out of his hat without so much as a consultation, my bridesmaids were beautiful, the groomsmen were comical, the food was delicious, the dancing was fun, the Pie was divine, and I snagged the man of my dreams! a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment