Monday, July 5, 2010

Monday Morning Musings

Back in Vancouver.

I suppose I never mentioned that I left. I went to Kamloops for the long weekend with M and we signed up for a car co-op to get there. Drove a little red Mazda protege. Rather cute. On the drive home, I told M: You know, I don't really mind using public transit around the city, but I have a feeling that in about a year we're going to want to get a car of our own. He agreed. It's true. Getting to work on the bus is a breeze, and I don't have to pay for parking. But it sucks not being able to just go anywhere else, or hop in the car and go on a tour of the coastline. Two weekends ago, my dad came down for a visit and we didn't have any real plans for things to do, so we jumped into the Subaru and drove up the sea-to-sky highway to Squamish. When we got there, we all got ice cream at McDonalds and then promptly turned around and started driving back. A pointless trip, but I'd never been that way before so it was a fun adventure. So we're here now, but have little means of getting out of the city, which by the way, we're both learning we're not actually all that fond of anymore....

While back in Kamloops, we both talked about how nice it is to have so much free green space, and lawn, and trees and open sky. The little apartment has trees outside, yes, but neither of us realized how much having a concrete-covered world was getting to us. Our lease is up in a year, and I'm thinking that we won't end up renewing it in favour of finding someplace that isn't directly downtown...

I also think I'm starting to gear up my knitting. I started thinking about Christmas!

OH! CELL PHONE NEWS! After much ado and calling the store and telling them I was coming to Kamloops last weekend, I went to the store on Friday. Lady at the store knew me - apparently my name's been floating around the office. No phone yet, but it "should be coming, sorry." I told her I'd only be in Kamloops until Saturday and that I'd be back.

On Saturday I went back with M in tow. One of the first things she said was "Oh, is that who I talked to on the phone (referring to M), the mean one?" The mean one? What!? The whole interaction was rather weird because she called me the "nice one" and flip flopped as to what she could and couldn't do for me about this phone, and wouldn't committ to anything. The poor girl was obviously flustered and I could tell she was trying her best -which I told her - but I just wanted my phone back. Without M along, I likely wouldn't have had much for results, but with him there, we got her to committ to something! She promised that on Thursday of this week, *A* phone will be sent in the mail to me, whether it's my old phone, or the new phone I picked out in the store. She's going to call me on Thursday and let me know which one I'm going to get. I have a feeling it'll be the new one, because from what she told us, for the phone to be taking this long, it must be unrepairable. I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment