Sunday, April 19, 2009

FINISHED!

I finally finished my Hot Pink Alpaca Lace Socks.

YESS! I started them almost exactly a year ago, after I had been knitting so much for everyone else (because they were having babies.) and I wanted something absolutely luxurious for myself.

I will post a photo for tomorrow.

In the meantime, I'd like to leave you with a gem I found from when I attended Independence Day Ceremonies in Samoa last year. Sorry, there's no sound - which is the best part. These people are all singing while they're dancing. Other notes: They're dressed in the colours of the Samoan flag, and they're dancing as part of the inter-community performance competitions held on the front lawn of the parliament buildings. Pretty much everyone in a given village will participate, and they all sound amazing. The old men standing around the outside of the dancers are elders in the village. They're wearing "tapas cloth" and many of them have the traditional chieftan's tatau (tattoo) around their torso.

I'm sorry for the quality of the video, too. It was shot with my digital camera. Admittedly, it's a little out of date.


No comments:

Post a Comment