Wednesday, April 22, 2009

More on the Interview...

So I'm thinking I'm going to take the interview.

But I think I'm going to steer it differently. I'm going to ask her if I can apply for a position that's casual and on-call. I just don't know how much I can committ, and I don't know that it would be fair to only work full time for 4 months. That's what it would be if I took the "permanent full-time" position because as a noob there's no way I'd get 3 or 4 weeks of vacation in September. In most cases, nurses must request time off a year in advance....unless I can be hired with those weeks off as part of the hiring contract...but that's getting complicated. I wondered if I could request to be hired casual on call so that I'd be able to leave silently whenever I wanted, pretty much. I can just tell people I don't want to work when they call me, and nobody would be upset or even care. I was thinking I could tell this recruiter that part of the reason I'd want casual work would be because I'm not sure about being in Ontario at all (which is true) and that I would take the casual position in order to be able to get to work there and get a better feel about the work in general with the thought that I could apply for a full time position later.

I was thinking that I could also tell her that the reason why I want the job is because of Grandpa, who'll be 102 years old this year. He's pretty much the main reason why I'm coming, and once he's gone (which, truth be told, won't be long now...) then I'd probably come back to BC...

I think I've got a shot at this because she offered to give me an interview before I've even given her a resume. We'll see how this goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment